This sensor kit determines the running state of a device by detecting if current is flowing through a wire that powers the device.
- Bill of Materials
- Wiring Diagram
This section provides instructions on how to build a current switch IoT sensor kit.
1. Modify the NEMA Enclosure.
1. Add the DIN rail to the enclosure
1. Install a connector into the 0.390″ diameter hole of the enclosure.
Beaglebone DIN rail assembly
1. Solder a wire to the Adafruit cape
2. Solder a wire to the Adafruit cape
3. Build the Beaglebone Adafruit cape DIN rail assembly. Don’t attach the assembly to the DIN rail yet.
4. Admire your nice work.
Power cord and supplies
1. Install the cable gland in the 0.650 diameter hole of the enclosure.
2. Run the power cord through the cable gland.
3. Strip approximately 0.5″ off the the black and white wires of the power cord.
4. Wire the power supplies to the power cord
5. Attach the barrel cable to the 5 VDC power supply as shown in the wiring diagram.
6. Attach a 12″ long blue 28 AWG wire to V+ of the 24 VDC power supply as shown in the wiring diagram.
7. Remove the slack from the power cord in the enclosure and attach the power supplies to the DIN rail.
8. Tighten the cable gland on the power cord.
1. Attach the relay assembly to the DIN rail.
The wiring diagram for the kit is as follows: